High quality weather stations and web cams are provided by Navimeteo and weather data are also made freely available by land surface observing networks. These systems, together with the buoys offshore, play a vital role to properly understand the current status of the marine weather conditions at the point of observation. A close analysis of the trends of the environmental parameters are useful to see how the weather changes and is therefore helpful for preparaing a forecast, especailly to determine the growing effects of a critical situation expected to develop. The weather data logged by the station can be used to study past weather events.
- The weather elements are continuously and accurately measured by weather stations
- The weather data logged by the station can be used to study past weather events
- Current and past data can be analysed to assess the impact of an important weather change
- Station data can be displayed in tables or graphs
- Web weather cameras are also provided by Navimeteo to ensure a more comprehensive direct observations, with a 360° view of the sky and the sea
- Observation Data sharing: the data observed is also sent to other clients of the Navimeteo network, increasing the awareness towards a significant weather change.